Little Acorns 2020-2021
Two Year Old Children (Nursery)
Welcome to our ‘Little Acorns’ class page. Please explore it to find out information about what your children have been learning and how you can help them at home.
- Mrs Askwith (Nursery Teacher)
- Miss Comerford (Teaching Assistant)
- Miss Warburton (Apprentice)
- To contact staff e-mail: Oakleysapling1@gmail.com
Nursery Sessions and Admissions
Oakley Cross Primary School’s Nursery offers 15 hours free ‘play and learn’ sessions for 8 two year old children (subject to LA eligibility admissions criteria) each session. We are also able to offer private paid places subject to availability.
We run 2 sessions per day:
- Morning sessions take place 8.45am-11.45am
- Afternoon sessions take place 12.30-3.30 am
To apply for a place, please pop in for a form to register your interest in a place or download the form on our EYFS website page. Any two year old admissions will be processed following receipt of a ‘golden ticket’. If successful in obtaining a place, you will then be contacted for a home visit and to come and visit with your child to fill in the necessary paperwork prior to your child starting their exciting learning journey with us.
Our Daily Sessions
We love to have fun in nursery and learn through play. When we begin our journey as a Little Acorn, we focus on the prime areas of learning – our ability to communicate using language, our physical skills and our personal, social and emotional skills.
We have a really exciting and newly developed outdoor area which is an integral part of our daily session. We run a free flow session whereby after group work all children can access any of our organised areas they wish both indoor and outdoor. Messy play is fundamental and we believe a messy uniform shows a day of learning. Children will come home messy!!
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ – range of maths and English games
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize – further information on a range of subjects
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers – active videos for a range of subjects
- https://www.twinkl.co.uk/go/sign-in – Twinkl Go, type in the code provided by staff
Archived Class Work
You can view our archived class work on our website.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.