Saplings Class 2020-2021
Three Year Old Children (Nursery)
Welcome to our class page. Please explore it to find out information about what your children have been learning and how you can help them at home.
- Class Teacher : Mrs Askwith
- Teaching Assistant : Miss Comerford
- Apprentice : Miss Warburton
- To contact staff e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursery Sessions and Admissions
Oakley Cross Primary School’s Nursery offers 15 hours universal provision for 26 three year old children each session.
We run 2 sessions per day:
- Morning sessions take place 8.45am-11.45am
- Afternoon sessions take place 12.30-3.30 am
We can also provide 30 hours provision for eligible families and sessions can be negotiated subject to availability.
To apply for a place, please pop in for a form to register your interest in a place and return it back to the school office. Applications for three year old places will be dealt with in school. If successful in obtaining a place, you will then be contacted for a home visit and to come and visit with your child to fill in the necessary paperwork prior to your child starting their exciting learning journey with us.
Our Daily Sessions
We love to have fun in nursery and learn through play. As we progress through nursery, we focus on both the prime and specific areas of learning. We develop our understanding of number, sounds and pre-writing skills. Our learning is often story based and then develops and diversifies with the children’s interests.
We have a really exciting and newly developed outdoor area which is an integral part of our daily session. We run a free flow session whereby after group work all children can access any of our organised areas they wish both indoor and outdoor. Messy play is fundamental and we believe a messy uniform shows a day of learning.
Every Wednesday the more established morning session members of nursery visit Devonshire House, our local residential home in West Auckland. This is an initiative which began in September 2017 and is quickly becoming a highlight of the children’s week.
Every Friday we visit out secure forest area within the school grounds and enjoy play and learning surrounded by nature.
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ – range of maths and English games
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize – further information on a range of subjects
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers – active videos for a range of subjects
- https://www.twinkl.co.uk/go/sign-in – Twinkl Go, type in the code provided by staff
Archived Class Work
You can view our archived class work on our website.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.