School Year 2019-2020
Take a look at what we have been up to during the Autumn Term.
Fundraising and Campaigning for the Orangutans
We have been reading ,’There’s a Rang Tan in My Bedroom’ and have been learning about the plight of the Orangutans – losing their forests for the farming of palm oil
Junior’s Christening Party
Making Gifts For Avocado Baby
My finished gift
Making my design
Going to the shop buying materials that I need
We loved reading Avocado Baby by John Burningham
Transition day – Treasure Hunt in Beech Class
What should a year 1 child be expected to do?
The 2014 National Curriculum outlines the expected standards that children should reach by the end of each year in primary school. These are outlined below
Reading is very important for children’s development and supports them in all lessons. We want to encourage children to love and enjoy reading. Please find time to read with your child and leave a comment in their Reading Record book at least once a week. Children will also read in school; this may not always be their reading book but please try to return it as we will always read if there is an opportunity.
We all love to read in Beech class!
Take a look at our recent newsletter to find out the days that we have PE and the appropriate clothes for PE kit.
Please note no jewellery is allowed to be worn during PE for safety reasons and will need to be removed during PE and sporting activities.
ICT at Home
There are many ways you can help at home by using some online programmes and educational apps on ipads or tablets.
Here are some that I would recommend:
- Hit the button – A great website to help the children to improve their tables and number bonds.
- Top marks – A range of games to help with maths and grammar.
- Eggy 100 – A great game for children to recognise common words in sentences, letters and sounds in spelling words.
- Maths Bingo – A good game for children to practise their addition, subtraction and multiplication.
- Bee-Bot – Children have lots of fun programming the Bee-Bot to navigate it around a course.
- Bobble Write – Great for recognition and formation of numbers and letters.